A Sage is born for the Renaissance of the Vedas
Whenever the dark clouds of inimical forces in the form of Adharma, laziness, decadence in the practice of Yagnas gang up together to destroy the Vedas (divine forces), the supreme force takes up the cudgel of protecting the same by incarnating as Rishis or Sages. These sages during their lifetime devoted to the renaissance of the Vedas make the world a playground of the Vedas. Acharya MR Rajesh is a Rishi who has been to be guide in the task of re establishing the glory of the Vedas and develop a Vedic attitude and way of life in order to reap and spread prosperity.
The Acharya, who is the son of Subrahmanyan Namboothiri of Puthiya Illam and Komalavalli Antharjanam of Chembakott Illam, often reminisces the fact that it is only sheer providence that enabled his entry into the vast and noble world of the Vedas
The Sage in the form of MR Rajesh realised the importance of the Vedas. He says that the divine mother opened my eyes. He set about into the society with the knowledge given by the divine mother. He began giving out the knowledge contained in the gargantuan works called the Vedas. He began to give out the meanings of the Vedic hymns himself. The Vyaakarana (Grammar) and Niruktas (Vedic Dictionary) became his trusted accompaniments in this journey. With the blessings of the divine mother, the Rishi entered society with a mission.
He started teaching the basics of Sanatana Dharma in the form of the Pancha-Maha-yagnas. The Shodashakriyas which were put together by the Rishis with the ulterior motive of creation of society were also taught. Many yagnas and homas were conducted for the delight of the gods. The divine mother, in turn, showered benefits galore. The disciples began to increase at first in a streamlined manner and later on exponentially.
In order to satisfy the demands of the people who wanted to learn more in this field, the Rishi started writing books. Many of his literary creations like The path to Prosperity, Secrets of Hindu Dharma, The blessings of Saraswati, Eshavasya – A simple explanation etc. were eagerly lapped up by not only the students but also the society. He has published around 40 books in both Malayalam as well as English including the English translation of the Atharva Veda.
This is the only place in the world, leave alone India, where thousands of households are regularly carrying out vedic practices on a daily basis. Acharya MR Rajesh is the architect for paving the way for a model society by inculcating the Vedic practices of Sandhyavandanam, Agnihotram, Balivaishwadaivam, Pitruyagnam and Atithiyagnam.
The Acharya has been showered with many awards enunciated as under.
- It is Acharya MR Rajesh who completed the Sankaracharya’s commentary on Brahmasutra which was started out by VidyaVachaspati V. Panoli. He was awarded and felicitated for the same by Mathrubhumi (A leading daily)
- ‘Veda Samskara Acharya’ award conferred by Dayananda Institute of Vedic studies.
- The Ýagna Prajapati’award conferred by the Veda Pundits of Madhya Pradesh for protecting the Vedas.
- Áryakarmatha Karyakartha’awardbestowed by Paropakarini Sabha of Ajmer for propagation of the Vedas.
- The Acharya has been conferred with the ‘Vedacharya’ title by Om ShantiDhama, a Karnataka based prominent Gurukula of South India.
- The 2012 Kapalishastri award constituted by the Bangalore based Sri Aurobindo Kapalishastri Institute of Vedic Culture.
- ’Vedavachaspati’ award by Jneralath Kalashrama.
- ‘Karmashreshtha Award’by Paitrikam Guruvayur.
- ‘Vedabharati’award by Tanur Vedika Vicharasamiti.
A gurukula needs to be founded in a calm and quiet place, away from the hustle and bustle of the town. Such a gurukula should be the breeding ground for developing brahmacharis (Those who accepts vows for the study of the Vedas) and preachers / propagators of the Vedas. There, all the four Vedas, Six Angas and the Six Darshanas should be taught. That is what I need to achieve foremost. If this is the wish of the divine mother, then for sure it will be done. The Acharya is confident of the same.
With scores of disciples ready to bear the load of responsibility of any order of the Guru as outlined in the his resolution, the time is not far when Sanatana Dharma will once again flourish in full glory. This is the hope of mankind.